Local Inventory: Based SEO Strategy Juiced Rankings & Sales for US Wireless Carrier

An average ranking position of around 1.9 was observed by the carrier for online product queries. As far as conversions are concerned, it was recorded 5x better as compared to the other channels.

The major issue with online shopping is finding a store nearby that sells the product they wish to invest in. Most online shoppers face this challenge. Also real-time local inventory is not offered by most major retailers. They simply focus on a few local product feeds into search engines, mainly Google. Many have also not thought of placing local inventory online.

This policy is not useful because a case study conducted in recent times has proved that giving more information to customers can actually increases the chances of visitors engaging and converting more. The case study was conducted from Lastmile Retail and a leading US wireless carrier. Another significant benefit is improved position in search rankings which results from better relevance to query.

An “omni-channel marketing solution” combined with real time local inventory is offered by Lastmile.” It is precisely a dynamic landing page solution that ideally matches local product inventory. It also matches promotions with store finders and variety of options for consumer engagement:

– Call the local store.
– Buy / reserve device for in-store pickup.
– Get directions to nearby store locations.
– Get in-store appointment.

Both local store and e-commerce store options are brought together in a single place to ensure convenience of customer.

Michael Carini, the CEO of Lastmile revealed that carrier saw an average ranking position of around 1.9 for iPhone-related queries. This was way too less when compared to the 7.86 for the company’s competitors for similar queries.

Conversions were also 5x those of other digital channels. This is search, and so these are often going to be high-intent consumers. But that’s Carini’s ultimate point: If you tell people where they can buy something (or buy online and pick up in the store), they’re more likely to do it. He also said that e-commerce conversions from these landing pages were 3.2x higher on average than the carrier’s other channels.
The following breakdown displays those who engaged with the actions taken:

– Reserve device for in-store purchase — 21%
– Navigate to store — 3%
– Purchase for in-store pickup — 47%
– Buy for shipment to home — 17%
– Make in-store appointment — 7%
– Call store — 5%

As per the above listed options on these landing pages, around 17% of actions or conversions were represented by true e-commerce (the buy and ship process). The rest of 83% involved the local store.

Availability of local inventory is key competitive approach applied against Amazon. The case study endorses that the majority of “ready to buy” customers are still most interested in the instant indulgence of having something “today.” This case also debates about a huge opportunity cost to retailers when not pursuing the strategy of local product.

Welcome to the F5 Info, My Name is Charanjeet Singh, and I am the Founder/Editor the of this blogging website. An Internet Marketer and SEO/PPC Expert by profession, I have got more 5 years of experience in managing digital marketing projects. That is one of the key reasons why I started the F5 info as a blogging community to help people learn and strive forward

2 Comments

Comments are closed.