首页 > >
Spanish tennis legend Manolo Santana dies aged 83******
MADRID, Dec. 11 (Xinhua) -- Spanish tennis legend Manolo Santana died on Saturday in his residence in Marbella (Southern Spain) at the age of 83.。
The Mutua Madrid Open, which has Santana as the honorary President, confirmed the news of the death of one of the most important Spanish sportsmen of the 20th century.。
Santana was a pioneer in Spanish tennis, winning the French Open (Roland Garros) in 1961 and 1964, the U.S. Open in 1965 and Wimbledon in 1966, as well as the Doubles at the French Open in 1963.。
He also won the men's singles in the 1968 Olympic Games, but didn't get a medal as tennis was a demonstration event at the time.。
Santana continued his interest in tennis after the end of his playing career, captaining the Spanish David Cup team on two occasions, before helping to organize the Mutual Madrid Open, which was held for the first time in 2002.。
He had been involved with the organization of the event ever since, although he had been suffering from ill health in recent years. Enditem。
南都讯 记者李洁琼 近日，《投资洞见与委托》（Insights & Mandate）主办的峰会在上海举行，歌斐资产全委团队荣获了中国多资产策略（3年）专业投资奖、全球多资产策略（3年）专业投资奖两项大奖项。
Aussie state warned to prepare for severe weather after 5 deaths from floods******
Although the East Coast Low weather affecting Australia's New South Wales (NSW) state since last week has weakened, local residents are still told to keep preparing for severe weather for the weekend.
Till Friday, NSW police confirmed at least five deaths in the state's ongoing flood rescues, with many people reported to be missing or trapped. The NSW State Emergency Service (SES) Deputy Commissioner Daniel Austin warned the flooding is "far from over" around Sydney and suggested there may be a new weather system from Sunday.
Currently, the state has 68 evacuation orders and 14 evacuation warnings in place, with more evacuation centers opened to people affected by the severe weather.
NSW Northern Rivers town of Mullumbimby, one of the worst-hit areas, is out of phone or Internet access and is cut off from essential supplies, while rescuers cannot access anyone west of the town.
"We currently have no phones, Internet and communications in a number of areas across Mullumbimby and our smaller communities. It is very challenging to get help to communities," the SES Mullumbimby said in a statement on Friday.
The severe weather ravaged NSW hard on Thursday, and SES said it responded to 3,133 requests for assistance in 24 hours, including 219 flood rescues, 56 of which were in the Greater Sydney area.
NSW Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) said that while most floodwaters are receding, enormous flood warnings remain, including major flood warnings for Clarence, Hawkesbury, Nepean, Richmond, Gloucester and Weir rivers.
For the rest of NSW, residents are told to prepare for some likely heavier rainfalls during the weekend, which may lead to renewed river rises and flooding. Communities are encouraged to keep up to date with the latest forecasts and warnings and to follow the advice of emergency services.